Go Back   RCTLounge Community Forums > Theme Park Games > RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 > Tracks

Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 AM

Default Help with supports

Not sure if this is the right section but anyway...

I need help with supports for this coaster i have done (called Mental), i want to use custom supports, but im not very good with them and I was wondering if someone could do some for me for this rollercoaster. i have only used them before on small coasters and cant seem to be able to do it on this, and i think itll help me to see someone elses supports on a coaster i designed. That is the link to it:

http://www.woofiles.com/dl-304707-Pk...nosupports.trk

It is a B&M extended coaster, the download link for that is below if you dont have it.

http://rctgo.net/downloads/view/2707

I used some CS already. For the coaster station I used SK-SHR91, SK Hangar-51 nad coasterfreaks stations, thats all I think, and I also put in ATH Catwalks. If you want i can uplod another model without the CS. Oh, and i used the support blocker in JCats Steelworx.

I have downloaded quite a few custom support sets, but if you use something else thats fine ill just download it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 04-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Professional Roller Coasterer

I know you are new to the site and im sure youve played the game for at least a few months, [i assume] but the only problem i see in this ride, is the layout itself. Realistic or not, it just looks like pure randomness with no emotion whatsoever. I dont mean to sound cruel or overbearing, its your game and please do what you want. But if you expect any help with any coaster [help with supports or layout, whatever] it'd behoove you to look up some tutorials on youtube, or here in the lounge istelf on how to make a ride layout and support it.

Having someone do these things for you VS doing them for you [ whethergood or bad] is a major difference... Doing it yourself will give you the practice you need to understand what you are doing and how to place them [and youll soon learn to "see" where your supports will go during the construction phase] and you will get better with time. If someone else does it for you, its no longer "Your" creation. Unlike taking criticism or suggestions, someone else doing the work for you is only cheating you out of your own work.

Hope this helps and inspires you to take on this tedious task. Trust me, supporting your ride after a while will be as easy as opening up the game itself!
"Enthusiasm is not the same as just being Excited. One gets excited about going on a roller coaster. One becomes enthusiastic about creating and building a roller coaster." - Bo Bennet

d['-_-']b Crzynss d['o.0']b 300 posts

Old 04-26-2012, 05:40 PM

Yes, I suppose you're right, its just the tuturials i looked at on Youtube were all rubbish and the ride is pretty tall so even the extended beams dont reach, i have to go over it again.
The ride itself kind of is pretty unrealistic, I want to do something really good which is like themed and stuff but whilst I cant even do good supports, II cant move onto anything better. Im sure I could do something more realistic ect but Im still fairly new in the scheme of things and like I said Im not ready to move onto something more complex without the right tools and experiance, and tbh vodhin being down seems to be pretty inconviniant, because it was closed before i started, but everything was on there and i wouldnt have to scroll through pages of google to find cs and ctrs.

On a completely unrelated issue, do you know where I can find a download link to the B&M Dive Coaster, the one with the wide catwalks? I want the catwalks so I can put them on a nightflight coaster I am doing.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Professional Roller Coasterer

Ill refind the link for you [i have that sat as well]

as for your realistic coasters, what helped me to create my own unique and realistic coaster layouts was to recreate real rides as close as possible in RCT3. My kumba, sheikra, Arrow Boomerang, Ninja, and i think another ride or so, are all recreations. My Brain Wash was a custom layout that went against the grain of the normal tradition style of that coaster type, but it still had a realistic layout non the less. Just study videos and pix of coasters [even other peoples projects here] of what to do in your creations.

As far as the supports, yes the extended selections can be stacked, all of them can be lol... think of ALL CSO's as legos. Simply put, you can stack everything ontop of one another. nothing is TOO tall to support in rct
"Enthusiasm is not the same as just being Excited. One gets excited about going on a roller coaster. One becomes enthusiastic about creating and building a roller coaster." - Bo Bennet

d['-_-']b Crzynss d['o.0']b 300 posts

Last edited by Crzynss; 04-27-2012 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: correction

Old 04-27-2012, 12:14 PM

i'll have a go at supporting it. im currently doing a ride slightly simpler to this, so i have a feel for supports for crazy rides. what kinda colour do you want ?
Life is not complete until you taste the rainbow.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofpikk View Post
i'll have a go at supporting it. im currently doing a ride slightly simpler to this, so i have a feel for supports for crazy rides. what kinda colour do you want ?
Ah thank you
Yellow or black, im not to bothered, whichever looks better tbh.
Cheers