Go Back   RCTLounge Community Forums > Theme Park Games > RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 > Other RCT3 Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:45 AM
William's Avatar
William William is offline
♡ TEEN IDLE ♡
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,393
Question Rct3- Smoother Transitions.

Can this be done? Smoother turns, elements, stuff like that for rct3???? I hate how rct3 is so ruff. But if you recreate a ride onto No Limits, it is so smooth. Can someone make smoother track pieces? I know how everyone says "We already made rct4!" But if there was a rct4, then the pieces would be improved. Can we do this? Please comment. I relize how long this would take if it were to happen, but I think it would be worth the try. So Please comment on what you think, and maybe this will happen.
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:48 AM
iMac0765's Avatar
iMac0765 iMac0765 is offline
Official Coaster Critic
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Apple Store
Posts: 414
Custom track is not possible. The only thing close is the Th13teen CTR made by ImagineerJohn.

Flat answer: No
Rest in Peace, you will be remembered.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Doug's Avatar
Doug Doug is offline
I own the place.
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewhere in South Dakota
Posts: 3,323
Nobody knows how to do it except one person. If you want to play NoLimits, play NoLimits. RCT will never be like NoLimits. RCT will always be jerky and un-realistic.
-Doug
I write code to pay bills. ~ Lonely American lover of Hardstyle. ~ Proud owner of a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:01 AM
William's Avatar
William William is offline
♡ TEEN IDLE ♡
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Nobody knows how to do it except one person. If you want to play NoLimits, play NoLimits. RCT will never be like NoLimits. RCT will always be jerky and un-realistic.
Who is this one person???
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:06 AM
FlowJo's Avatar
FlowJo FlowJo is offline
"Awesome"
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,627
^ Markus Lomberg and ImagineerJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac0765 View Post
Custom track is not possible. The only thing close is the Th13teen CTR made by ImagineerJohn.

Flat answer: No
It's not a CTR. It is actually Custom Track. But, IJohn and Markus Lomberg don't plan on releasing it so I don't see custom track happening anytime soon.
West Ham > Everton/Liverpool
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Doug's Avatar
Doug Doug is offline
I own the place.
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewhere in South Dakota
Posts: 3,323
Markus Lomberg created the track. It is actually just a giant CFR, if I had to guess. It's probably not a coaster with track segments. It won't be released ever, so don't ask about having it.

http://www.putmeonthenet.net/content...een/Index.html
-Doug
I write code to pay bills. ~ Lonely American lover of Hardstyle. ~ Proud owner of a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8.
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:13 AM
iMac0765's Avatar
iMac0765 iMac0765 is offline
Official Coaster Critic
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Apple Store
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Markus Lomberg created the track. It is actually just a giant CFR, if I had to guess. It's probably not a coaster with track segments. It won't be released ever, so don't ask about having it.

http://www.putmeonthenet.net/content...een/Index.html
A giant CFR?

Does that mean other people can create perfect coaster recreations with a giant CFR?
Rest in Peace, you will be remembered.
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:58 AM
FlowJo's Avatar
FlowJo FlowJo is offline
"Awesome"
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,627
^ I'm pretty sure that is what Gadget did with his Boomerang recreation. So, I would say yes.

But, IJohn's Th13teen is a custom track.
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.ph...86.0;msg=86951

The post pretty proves that Custom Track may never be released to the RCT community. My guess is that the only way we will be able to use custom track is if RR releases a different custom track. But that is most likely not going to happen. So for now, we just need to stick to RCT3.
West Ham > Everton/Liverpool
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 08-12-2010, 12:52 PM
LostThought's Avatar
LostThought LostThought is offline
Member
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Markus Lomberg created the track. It is actually just a giant CFR, if I had to guess. It's probably not a coaster with track segments. It won't be released ever, so don't ask about having it.

http://www.putmeonthenet.net/content...een/Index.html

Right... cause... ya know, John definitely didn't say that it WASN'T A CFR.
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 08-12-2010, 01:08 PM
William's Avatar
William William is offline
♡ TEEN IDLE ♡
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowJo View Post
^ Markus Lomberg and ImagineerJohn
I knew it i was just lookin for a name.

It's not a CTR. It is actually Custom Track. But, IJohn and Markus Lomberg don't plan on releasing it so I don't see custom track happening anytime soon.
oh, that's greedy! lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Markus Lomberg created the track. It is actually just a giant CFR, if I had to guess. It's probably not a coaster with track segments. It won't be released ever, so don't ask about having it.

http://www.putmeonthenet.net/content...een/Index.html
Like I said GREEDY LMAO! What's a giant cfr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac0765 View Post
A giant CFR?

Does that mean other people can create perfect coaster recreations with a giant CFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowJo View Post
^ I'm pretty sure that is what Gadget did with his Boomerang recreation. So, I would say yes.

But, IJohn's Th13teen is a custom track.
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.ph...86.0;msg=86951

The post pretty proves that Custom Track may never be released to the RCT community. My guess is that the only way we will be able to use custom track is if RR releases a different custom track. But that is most likely not going to happen. So for now, we just need to stick to RCT3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostThought View Post
Right... cause... ya know, John definitely didn't say that it WASN'T A CFR.
I don't think it is^
Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 08-16-2010, 03:20 AM
xsNiiPePhAiiL's Avatar
xsNiiPePhAiiL xsNiiPePhAiiL is offline
xsNiiPePhAiiL
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 195
Well RCT 4 is probably comming from some posts.... I would say this is necessary. Rct3 has always been very rough feeling. Same with the first 2. Some things were possible to make not so rough. Example, a diving loop that goes slower towards the top always looks smooth to me.
Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 08-16-2010, 04:58 PM
petepenguin petepenguin is offline
The only penguin you will meet
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 767
yeah, rct3 is a problem when it comes to making coasters. There is a thread on atari forums that was started by a administrator and deals with rct4. Hopefully, if there will really be a rct4, the coasters can be like no limit coasters
I understand I have not been on rctlounge in so long. You may every now and then see a few posts from me but until furthur notice, I won't be posting daily like I used to due to the amount of homework and tests this year. Thanks for your understanding
-Petepenguin

Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 08-17-2010, 02:14 PM
William's Avatar
William William is offline
♡ TEEN IDLE ♡
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by petepenguin View Post
yeah, rct3 is a problem when it comes to making coasters. There is a thread on atari forums that was started by a administrator and deals with rct4. Hopefully, if there will really be a rct4, the coasters can be like no limit coasters
Lol I thought they closed this thread... Anyway ya rct4 should be WAYY BETTER
♡i'm livin' in a state of dreamin'♡
Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 08-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Kevin Kevin is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,556
I think it would be possible to make a CFR with custom track pieces... I wonder why there hasn't been one released yet. If you think about it, in RCT3 when you build a go-cart track(not sure if its a CFR) or a launch tower, you add different prices to make it. Couldn't they just do the same thing but with coaster track?

I'm sure it would be very limited tho when it comes to chain lifts and launches and stuff tho. And even tho it sounds simple, it would take a very long time to create and perfect.
Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 08-17-2010, 05:52 PM
William's Avatar
William William is offline
♡ TEEN IDLE ♡
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I think it would be possible to make a CFR with custom track pieces... I wonder why there hasn't been one released yet. If you think about it, in RCT3 when you build a go-cart track(not sure if its a CFR) or a launch tower, you add different prices to make it. Couldn't they just do the same thing but with coaster track?

I'm sure it would be very limited tho when it comes to chain lifts and launches and stuff tho. And even tho it sounds simple, it would take a very long time to create and perfect.
ya, thats what I am saying! Why hasn't anyone attempted this yet!?
♡i'm livin' in a state of dreamin'♡
Reply With Quote


  #16  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Image-Ant's Avatar
Image-Ant Image-Ant is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 653
I know how to do it...

Like, I recently found out how to, but i cant do it yet and it DOES work because me and (name not shown) did it about 2 days ago
Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 PM
_Brandon_ _Brandon_ is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 621
If you havent noticed, Krypt has made some Custom Track. And I personally know that there is more bieng worked on as we speak that is not by Imagineer John, Krypt or Marcus. None of Revolutionary Rides.
Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Cinestrio's Avatar
Cinestrio Cinestrio is offline
Livin' Like Larry
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,514
^Is it Batman?
I'm not back, but I am posting.
Reply With Quote


  #19  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:44 PM
_Brandon_ _Brandon_ is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinestrio View Post
^Is it Batman?
Ironman, actually.
Reply With Quote


  #20  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Cinestrio's Avatar
Cinestrio Cinestrio is offline
Livin' Like Larry
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,514
^Oh, so close!
I'm not back, but I am posting.
Reply With Quote


Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.